What is the role of a Community Foundation?
How do community foundations function? Who uses them and why?
What services that they provide are most likely to be useful to you as a financial planner and how can they help you better serve your clients, or even become more adept at gaining/winning new clients?
Join us for an onsite visit and tour of the ACF offices in Phoenix, and learn firsthand how this local philanthropic resource impacts our community and our financial profession.
Planned Discussion Itinerary:
The first hour will be these topics under the title:
Working With a Community Foundation
• What is a community foundation?
• Services for Donors
• Services for Nonprofits
• Community Foundations Work with Professional Advisors
• Community is our Middle Name
The second hour is in speed dating format with these topics:
• Investment Philosophy and Working with External Managers
• Innovation is Vital
• Behind the Curtain of State Tax Credits
• Working with Professional Advisors and the CAP Program
• Charitable Gifting Opportunities for Your Advisors
For your future professional advancement, you'll want to listen carefully:
What is a CAP and why should I care?
Phoenix Office Location:
- Visit this Community Resource: what can they offer for you?
- Discuss the primary functions of a Community Foundation and understand how to parse their offerings and value relative to Donor Advised Funds, Supporting Organizations, and Endowment funds.
- Learn how to use the philanthropic conversation to deepen your planning and professional relationship with your clients.
Attendance priority given to FPA chapter members, $10 registration fee, capped attendance of 60 planners.